Global List of Women's Organisations
I don't want to be too strict about this, since the whole point of compiling this list was to provide a free resource for women's organisations all over the world. Nevertheless, I do expect people to use this resource in a respectful and helpful way, so here are a few conditions.
- NO SPAMMING!!!!! Do not, for any reason whatsoever, just grab all the e-mail or snail mail addresses from this list and send out unsolicited mail, no matter how good your cause is. If you want to contact various organisations, make sure they are interested in your information. Address your mail individually. I know it's more work, but ultimately, it will be more rewarding. You'll have a chance to get to know the individuals with whom you're corresponding, which is actually one of the main goals of this list.
- You have my express permission to make electronic or hard copies of the list or any part of it for the following: to share the information with other women or women's organisations; to distribute the information among your networks; to use the list to contact these organisations; for research; etc. Basically, any use of the list which supports women's networking, empowerment of women, networking among women and women's organisations, support for individual women or women's organisations, etc., is just fine with me.
- You absolutely do not have my permission to use the list in any way, shape, or form for any of the following: sending unsolicited mail to the e-mail or snail mail addresses on the list; harassing, threatening, or in any other way annoying, bothering, or inconveniencing the people and organisations on the list; using the information on this list to in any way hinder the goals of empowerment of women, feminist movements, and global networking and support among women's organisations; for the detriment of any individual woman or group of women or women's organisation, etc.
- If you make a copy of the list or any part of the list, for any purpose, I request that you include my name, e-mail address and snail mail address on the copy, with a note stating that any additions, corrections, or deletions can be sent to me. I want to make the list as complete and accurate as possible, and the only way to do that is to make sure that everyone knows where to send their information. The addresses and that note are at the bottom of every page, so it's easy to include.
- This last point isn't really a term of use, but just a request. If you have found this list of organisations helpful in any way, or if you are at all pleased about having this resource available, please write to let me know! I am still looking for funding to make the list into a searchable database, and all the good words and support from you will go a long way to making that possible, thus creating a more useful resource for all of us.
Comments, questions, and changes to the list can be sent to:
East Selkirk, Manitoba
Canada R0E 0M0
This page was last updated on July 6, 2005.